My co-worker Oscar is giving away a brand new iMac computer to a student age 14-19. He is having a writing contest in which participants will be judged on their essay, news, or op. ed. piece. For more information please visit the official site. Good luck.
Ok, today must be drive like an idiot day or something! I left for work about an hour later then normal and it started off just a few blocks from my house. Some stupid bitch was blabing on her cell phone instead of going through the green light. Holding up all of the traffic.
Then a couple blocks later some other idiot on a cell phone swerving all over. Then after that another person txting on her cell phone going 20mph under the speed limit. Then I was stopped at a stop light and some woman putting on makeup nearly rear-ends me.
This is all just GETTING to work!
On the way home was much worse.. First there’s construction on Campus just down the street from my office. Some duchebag on his cell phone nearly merges into me because he didn’t look. Then some other idiot tried to turn onto a street that is CLEARLY closed off, causing more issues…..
But the worst one of all was once I got on the freeway, I was cruising along in the fast lane.. Ahead there is traffic, clearly lots of break lights. This woman in a Prius on my right tries making the car pool lane before hitting the traffic, serves violently behind me, nearly rear ending me, gets into the car pool lane but by now has lost control of her car, swerves back and forth pretty hard in the car pool lane all while braking and tires squealing! Then as soon as she gets control again she speeds off into the distance.
Idiots I tell you! PAY ATTENTION!
I’ve been very unmotivated lately to really do anything.
I’ve had a string of bad/annoying clients lately with the whole freelance thing, so that’s put me off. I seriously cannot believe how stupid some of these people are. IE: one guy was bitching because i sent him a link to his site that didn’t have “www.” in front of it. The same guy was also trying to watch STREAMING VIDEO from his website over a fucking AOL Dial up connection! What a twat!
Then at work, I’ve been feeling very un-needed because of this whole new “project lead” shit that one guy got. I’ve been struggling with trying to get something very simple done and my clients at the office are being VERY slow to reply! Then I just spent 2 days doing a whole new menu system that I hand coded on the corp website, only to be yelled at by the CEO because we purchased a menu system that took me about 10 minutes to implement. Also I feel that they are going to forget about the whole Oracle training again. I just asked and the CEO said that he’ll “let me know when the time is right.” UGH! Very annoying. If they are going to be serious about this, then they would be doing them back to back. I am going to FORGET EVERYTHING I learned in the first one before the next one.
I have also been studying for my GMAT and I am so going to fail this test. Everything in the book is so hard. I finished all the vocab stuff and most of what I thought was right is wrong! :'( Maybe I’m just not cut out for Grad school. But I really want to go. I have officially sent in my application and everything, I just have to get the fucking GMAT taken.
I’m also feeling very broke. Now with a $1,000 car repair bill, the cost of a rental car, an additional $400 that I have to pay for insurance because I reduced my deductible, the cost of doing my taxes, what I will owe for my taxes and a 6-month gift for Const. I am just flat broke right now. I did a quick 1040EZ the other day and based on that I will owe about $1,000 more for taxes this year as well! Hopefully my tax woman can bring that down. If I’m eligible for this rebate check the government is sending out, it’s not going to get far with me, it’ll probably just go right back to them!
I’ve also been wanting to redesign my blog, I just haven’t had the energy to actually do it! I have some ideas. Just nothing that seems good.
Plus to top it all off, Constantine leaves in a month! :'(
You will not believe the story I am about to tell you.
I left LA at Noon on Thursday…. I got to my parents house at 4:30 on Saturday afternoon..
Where have I been you ask?
Well, lets start at the begining. Got on the plane with no problems in LA, flew to Dallas and we were late getting in there, I run to my next gate and AS I am walking up to the gate, I get a txt message from American Airlines. “Flight Cancelled”… A few seconds later, they announce it. “All flights into Des Moines, Fort Dodge, Omaha, Cedar Rapids, and Minneapolis are cancelled for the night”.
Last flight into Des Moines, and it’s fucking Cancelled. Here’s where the fun starts! I get in line, there’s room on the flights tomorrow at 7am, 9am and 7pm. By the time I get up there.. ALL of them gone. The guy BEHIND me who was smart enough to get on the phone, got the LAST seat on the 7pm flight the next day.
My only option, fly to Wisconsin and then Des Moines at 2pm the next day. Getting into Des Moines at 11:00pm on Friday. Of course, since it was “weather” related, I had to pay for a hotel and what not. VERY annoying.
Friday comes around and I go to the airport, the flight for wisconsin is right next to a flight going to DM, I go and try and get on the stand by list. There’s 40 people ahead of me! Can you believe it!
My flight to Wisconsin was an HOUR late getting out of the gate, due to mechanical issues. We fly to Wisconsin, we’re still an hour late, but I should have JUST enough time to get to my next flight… flaps down… landing gear down… landing gear UP! Flaps up! We’re going back up… We were SOOO close! We circle for a while and then they announce that the Wisconsin airport is CLOSED! UGH! We were so fucking close!
Re-route us to Grand Rapids, Michigan! Whereever the fuck that is!.. We land, NO other flights going out that nght to anywhere. NO direct flights to Des Moines, NOTHING! My only option to get to DM was to try and get a flight back to Wisconsin the next morning, get on a flight to Las Vegas, fly from Las Vegas to Denver and then Denver to Des Moines! NO WAY am I going to take that chance. I opted to take the next flight out the next morning to Minneapolis and then try and figure out a way to get to DM from there.
Thank god the airline paid for my hotel that night. But I still had to pay for food and ANOTHER night of not being home!
Sooo, I get up at 4am Saturday morning, go to the airport, get on the plane and then they make us sit around for MORE MECHANICAL problems!
Finallly we are on the plane to Minneapolis. My parents can’t get out of Iowa, it’s too foggy, there’s no rental cars, so I have to take a greyhound bus… We land at 7:30, and the only bus leaving that morning is at 8:30… I get to a cab, and we start driving, and it starts SNOWING like a mother fucker! My cabby says we might not make it! OH GOD!
Thankfully I made it JUST in time for the bus, I was the last one there! And thank god too because by the time we got to Iowa 5 HOURS later, it was snowing here like a crazy too! 6 inches of snow today they are saying!
So that’s been the crazy travel experience of this weekend! :'( One hellish trip to get back home for christmas.
I should have just freaking gotten a car in Dallas and driven home. I could have been back Friday morning!
One funny thing is that Const and I watched X-Files on Wed night, one about some Amish type people who are killing people. Anyways, some Amish people get on the bus today and one of the kids is Albino and has BRIGHT PURPLE eyes!!! Scary!
I can’t believe though how much this trip has cost me. Over $300 in expenses from food, to hotel to the bus ride home! :'( I dunno what to do about that. I want a FREE fucking flight or something for all this shit. But I just get so pissed that if I call I am just going to yell!
In good news, it’s snowing like crazy here, and it’s sooooo pretty! I just wish Consty was here to cuddle with! 🙂
Sooo, everyone knows I’ve been car shopping. I have been doing that for like the last 2-3 years! Well I’ve been at it again. It seems that everyone I know has either already gotten a new car, or is looking at getting one. And they all have WAY newer cars then mine already! So I feel left out. Plus my car has been acting up lately. The Check engine light keeps coming on and then going off, and it’s been making really funny sounds after I get off the freeway.
Anyways, I also talked to my mom about buying one and she was like. “Just do it already. One of these days your car is just going to die on the freeway”. Another big factor is that this is the last year you can write off the sales tax on a new car purchase, plus I _think_ that the laws this year still allow me to write off the 50% depreciation as a business expense. (I can’t remember if it was this year or last year that the laws changed on that) This year I could really use all the write offs I can get.
Well I’ve been out test driving basically anything and everything that catches my fancy, here’s the list:
1) Honda Civic Hybrid – It’s a great car, don’t get my wrong. But I don’t think it’s what I want any more. A year ago, I would have bought it. But after driving it a few times, there’s just to many little things that would annoy me. The same as with my current Saturn. There’s these wierd little bumps and cubbies that make no sense and the seats just aren’t comfortable enough for me since I spend 2 hours a day in my car.
2) Saab 9-3 – Don’t get in this car… As long as you stand on the outside, it’s great. Great looking, Great warranty, great options and free maintenance for 3 years.. Just so fucking ugly once you get in. It’s like most great looking things… Nice on the outside and ugly on the inside. And plus why did they link the ONLY way to connect your phone to the car to be that you HAVE to have verizon wireless? WTF is up with that. So once I switch away from Verizon, there’s no point in having the OnStar shit. Though they did make me a great offer. A 2007 9-3 with 4,000 miles for only $23k. A demo car that is still basically new, never even been registered.
3) Saturn Aura Hybrid – Yes. I looked at another Saturn. I thought I’d give it a try and see how they’ve done in the last 7 years since I bought my car. The Aura is pretty nice overall. But it just still feels SO CHEAP still. And I’m not sure I could trust Saturn (aka GM) to build a hybrid that will last. Plus, for the price you’re paying for a “hybrid” you really don’t get THAT much better gas mileage.
4) Toyota Camry Hybrid – Another great car. I really like this one, however, I’m just not sure I could see myself driving it. It’s so big and feels very “old man”. Also, for the premium you pay for the hybrid, it’s really not worth it. I thought I had found a GREAT deal on a slightly used one, but the dealer… HUTCH wouldn’t fucking budge on the price. So I walked away.
5) BMW 3 series – The ultimate driving experience. That’s exactly what it is, but it’s just too much for me. Plus it seems like everyone here has a BMW. I want something at least a little different
6) IS 250 – I’ve loved this car since it came out in 2006. Back then, I was nearly ready to walk into a dealer and get one. But I just couldn’t bring myself to buy one at that point because I was making a lot less back then. I went in and talked to my local Lexus dealer and got them to come down $6,000 on a fully loaded IS 250 with navigation. Which would bring it into my price range that I’ve set and at 4.9% interest. I just can’t bring myself to spend that much money even though I could easily afford it.
7) Infiniti G35 – Yes, even though I gave Constantine sooo much shit for this car. It’s amazing. I went and test drove one the other day, just to see it and play with it for myself. I have to admit, I love this car now as well. I was never planning on even seriously looking at one after everything I said to Constantine. But my local Infiniti Dealer had an IS250 listed for sale on Cars.com or one of those sites. So I called him about it. We got to talking and he was like. “We also have a brand new G35 with navigation”. The deal is though that it’s anothe demo car, 3,000-4,000 miles on it and it’s a 2007. The final price he quoted me was under $30k which is exactly what I was looking for a year ago for a price range. 2.9% interest…. It’s the exact same color as Constantine’s too. I just can’t do that, I would be the biggest asshole ever. But it’s SUCH a fucking deal too.
8) Audi A3/A4 – I’ve loved the A3 since it came out, and the A4 is just a great car. However, I have a few friends who have A4’s and they say that once they hit 50k miles they just eat money in Maint. Which ever car I’ll buy, I’m going to keep for another 7-10 years. And the more money I spend on it, the longer I will probably keep it. Plus other friends are telling me that they are coming out with a new more fuel efficient engine “soon”. So I’m not sure how I feel about these.
9) Toyota Prius – Another great car and again, I probably would have bought one a year ago. But now they are just getting so old, they are in need of a major redesign.
10) BMW 1 series, A1, etc. – Oh! they aren’t out yet! But they both look like GREAT cars!
Edit:// Sorry forgot one:
11) Volvo C30 – It’s a great little cute car.. But really? It gets the SAME MPG as the Lexus or BMW, it’s smaller, and it costs about the same with fewer options… Are you serious Volvo? Comon! I know you _think_ you can compete, but you really can’t.
12) VW Jetta – This is another car I’ve heard lots of mixed reviews about. So I’m a little leary. Though I really did like it when I drove it.
13) Acura TSX – Another great car that is tops on my list. I don’t know how I forgot it! Really nothing wrong with it!
Ugh. Ultimately, I’ll probably keep the car I have for a while longer now… I’m just too indecisive about this, I need someone to just go out and buy it for me!!
So don’t be surprised when a blog post comes out about how I’m really pissed that I was stuck on the side of the I-405 for 2 hours waiting for someone to come pick me and my busted ass car up! 🙂