My Life

Back in LA…

Edit:// Photos from the weekend

Well, it was a really long weekend, but very good stuff too.

So Friday after the Library, I went home and played with Gordy and then took a nap for a while. That afternoon my Dad and I went out looking at some for sale by owner duplexes. One of them was really nice but WAY overpriced, so that sucked. Then we spent forever trying to find this other place on SW43rd Street. We finally found that place on Monday afternoon and it wasn’t worth all the work to find.

After that we and met up with the whole family and ate dinner at Hu-Hot! Yum! I love that place. My Gma, the two aunts, cousin and the child were there along with my family. Kinda crazyness but it was fun. After that went over to the cousin’s place and ate ice cream and hung out for a while. Headed home about 8:30ish? Went to bed early that night and just crashed.

Got up Saturday morning and ate breakfast then went up to the square for Kiwanis days. That was fun although the crowd was REALLY small this year compared to the last time I was there. That was sad, but there really wasn’t anything drawing people out to the events. :'( It was so strange to be back there and see all these people that I hardly even recognized any more.

That afternoon we headed out and met up with our Realtor. Saw some SHITTY ass houses and very scary tenants. One place had this Mexican guy in it and we were wondering around looking and we’re like. “Where’s the bathroom”… “It’s in the hallways, shared by this whole floor”… GROSS!

Most of these were on the south and south east sides of DM, so the not so nice areas anyways. One of them we thought we had hit the jackpot though as we’re driving down the street by the old Chat Noir. They were some really nice homes on that street and then we crossed over the the block that the place we were looking at was on and it all went down hill from there. This place was a 6 units stuffed into an old single family house and the deck to get up to the second floor was in the neighbors yard!! What a mess.

Got done with that about 6 and went home and ate pizza for dinner from Papa’s in PC. After that Oksana came over and we headed down to Java Joe’s and met up with Angel and her boyfriend. I also random ran into Sarah who I worked with at Krell. I thought she had moved to Phoenix, so we’re walking down the street and this group of girls walks by and I’m like. “I KNOW YOU!” And she screams and runs over and gives me a big hug! It was crazy. I guess she moved back to DM cause she didn’t like Phoenix. That sucks. Anyways, we all walked down to the new riverwalk which is SOO pretty then to Buzzard Billy’s and ate Crocodile! Yum Yum!

Sunday I got up early and we were off looking at houses again. Sunday proved to be much better day. Found 4 that I think are pretty good. I have to run the numbers and what not and still waiting for info from the Realtor about actual rents and stuff. Cause one guy says he’s making $900/month on each unit, but I think he should be able to only get about $750 a month for them. So we’ve gotta find out about that, plus he clearly doesn’t have certs because the stairways aren’t up to code, etc. But I think it’d be worth it to make offers on two of them and if those two don’t go through make offers on the other two.

Sunday afternoon my mom and I went to the Renaissance Fair in DM which was tons of fun and then we went over to the Fair grounds and chatted with the Cousin and Aunt for a while. Headed home from there and then went out to get dinner. Ate at some place in Altoona and had excellent Prime Rib! Oh was it ever good!

Got home from that and went to bed. Monday I got up and packed and then my dad and I headed out and checked out one last place. It was ok, but not great. Headed home and spent the rest of the day talking about what we had seen and what not. Left for the airport about 4. Got there and of course we were delayed. Needed Oil for the plane or something. Then we got to MSP and the flight there was delayed as well because some idiot was smoking in the bathroom even before the plane took off! Who does that shit!?!

Got into LAX about 11 and went straight to bed when I got home. Adios!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.