Well Graduation passed and here I am, still working away without a job. 🙁
The weekend was good, though I was a bit saddened by a few things and surprised by a few things.
First the things I was saddedn/annoyed about (In no real order):
1. Melinda and Rob didn’t come. Adam did, which was nice to see him again, but I was hoping to see Melinda and Rob as well.
2. Frank and Kaye didn’t come either. I was really annoyed by this, because they were such a huge part of my life in HS I thought they would at least send a card or something. But I didn’t even get that. I was really upset by them not coming.
3. Fagen’s didn’t come either. I wasn’t really disappointed by this, but it was still annoying that they didn’t come.
4. My Grandma Sibbel’s gift. Now, I wasn’t expecting much from anyone. I really wasn’t. But when you’re the first person on that side of the family to get a 4 year college degree you’d think she would treat it a little more. She was only one of 3 people to give me $20. And the other two I wasn’t anything from. Grrr.
5. No one from my Yucatan class came.
Things I was surprised by:
1. Adam coming. I was surprised that he actually came, it was good to see him. He said we should hang out this summer and I think it’ll be fun to hang out a little.
2. My PU’s present. I was expecting more, but figured it would be much less. I was pleasently surprised by what I actually got. Now I have to decide what to do with it. Which I’ll get into later
3. Steven came. I was REALLY surprised by the fact that he made the trip (IE, drove himself and his girl) just for my gradutation. And that was after she had to work from 5:30 – 1. So I thought it was really nice of him. In the thank you note to him I told him we should hang out this summer and have a drink. Gave him my number too. Perhaps we can get him drunk 😉
4. My G&G’s present. Way more then I thought. It was nice! 🙂
5. The nice weather.
Overall everything was good and I was happy with the graduation. It feels good to be done, yet really stressful to be done too. I’m sure that come fall I’ll be wanting to go back to school.
Now, about my PU’s gift… The total comes out to be about $4,000… About $2,000 in savings bonds that people have given me over the years, and about $2,000 in cash. They said they were going to buy me a laptop computer with that cash, but since they didn’t know what I would want, that they just gave it to me. So now I’m caught in the middle, or should I save it. Right now AIT is having a sale on Mac Powerbooks, they’re $1,999 for:
15.2-inch TFT Display
1.5GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Ultra ATA/100
ATI Mobility Radeon
9700 (64MB DDR)
FireWire 400 & 800
AirPort Extreme built-in
DVI & S-Video out
Which normally retails for $2,800. So I’m really tempted to buy it. I’m also tempted because that would mean I can sell my other three computers/monitor/KVM/network hub and all that other shit and potentially make about $600 from the sale of all of that stuff AND best of all, I’d have a TON more room in my car for when I move. I’m just really torn as to if I should spend the money or not. If I had a job, I wouldn’t have any problem buying this laptop. I’m also scared because I have a feeling that Apple’s going to announce the G5’s Powerbooks at WWDC this year, but even if that happens the earliest they’d come out would be August. If not much later. I mean it took them like 4 or 5 months between the time they announced the G5 Xserves and the date they actually shipped the damn things.
::whines:: I just don’t know what to do!
Anyways. That’s been my weekend….
Oh, I also register trained at Old Navy this weekend. That was hellish. The people that work there are SO STUPID! Gah. It was very funny though because I kept asking all these questions to the girl doing the training. Questions I obviously knew the answer to already. lol By the end of it she was catching on and started answering them before I got to ask them! roflol.
Anyways, I must break to get back to work.