Well, ever since I got dumped. I’ve had a lot more time to do some fun projects… Contributing to the Open Source Community!
So today, I am happy to announce 2 BRAND new WordPress plugins, 1 proof of concept plugin, 1 updated plugin, some code contributions to the Zen Cart community and a new web service for the VTiger community!
1) First is a wordpress plugin which allows you to use HTTP or HTTPS with your pages. If a page is accessed via HTTPS then all the elements contained within the page will also be HTTPS. It is required that you have used proper coding practices by using wpurl and url respectively. You can download HTTPS for WordPress here
2) Second is a wordpress plugin which allows you to track users who are logged in. This only tracks the UserID, the PageURL and the Date the page was viewed for users who are logged in. This is in very early development stages so at this time there is only data collection and no reporting features are available in this first release. userTracker is available here.
3) I have made some pretty big changes to the Private Post plugin which has been around for a while now. The new changes allow anyone who is logged in to view all private posts and pages. Upcoming features will support integration with Role Manager so that you can assign roles to specific posts. Check your WP2.5 Plugins page to update this plugin or you can download it from here.
4) This is a proof of concept plugin which will base protected content viewing ability on an outside system. In this case we have an internal software which contains a list of our WP users and the type of Support contract they have purchased. This plugin does a web service call to our software to get a list of the contracts for that user and then sets the users role automatically based on that list. So each time the user visits the site, the list and thus the roles are updated. Since this is dependent on our outside system, the plugin cannot be downloaded, but if you are interested in seeing how to handle this, please email me.
5) Is some contributions to the Zen Cart community. These contributions tie Zen cart’s users into the wordpress users. This way you can use the built in Zen cart registration, login and logoff functions to also register, login and logoff of wordpress users. Currently the only issue here is that when Zen cart does an auto logout, people will stay logged into wordpress. You can download this here
6) This is new web service for VTiger. This new web service provides three functions
- 1) a better way to create accounts and contacts then the built in webservice. You build an array of the needed information, pass it to the webservice and it will create the account and contact. It will return an array with the contact and account id’s.
- 2) Find contact based on email. You pass the email address and it will return an array with the contact and account id’s
- 3) Create sales order. This will create a new sales order with the users Shipping and Billing information filled in. It will return the sales order id. You can also add products, tax, shipping rate, discounts, etc to the sales order.
Upcoming on this web service will be creating an invoice from the sales order then emailing that invoice to a specified user. You can download the advanced webservices here. (As soon as I figure out this retarded system)